Treat yourself and/or your family & friends to a weekly copy of The Cricket Paper and earn Stoke funds.
The Cricket Paper is the UK’s only all cricketing weekly newspaper covering matches from around the world, from elite level to local domestic cricket, with articles from leading voices in the industry.
Read the latest from the cricket world as well as the usual features, news, exclusives and much, much more.
It is an excellent publication and members are encouraged to subscribe via this link:
The above link is unique to Stoke and orders placed clicking here generates the club a commission.
Here’s a sneak peek at what’s in this week’s 40-page edition of TCP…
•The big one…Derek Pringle selects England’s greatest ever Test side on the eve of their 1000th match.
• Peter Hayter brings you the reaction to England’s 13-man squad to take on India at Edgbaston.
• Chris Stocks talks to Essex seamer Jamie Porter who reflects on how the County Championship has shaped his rise to a first England Test call-up.
• Derek Pringle details his refusal to understand why the ECB would bow down to the BCCI’s request change their tour match against Essex from four days to three.
• Isabelle Westbury suggests sport fans prefer the Rocky storylines of the comeback king rather than the wunderkinds.
• Peter Hayter column on the stubbornly translucent picture of The Hundred the ECB continues to purvey.
• Richard Edwards takes you back to 1990 when Graham Gooch masterly scored a record 333 against India in the aftermath of England’s World Cup heartache.
• County Championship reviews, as Matt Critchley stars for Derbyshire.
• Lavalette column: “Fast bowlers hold the key for Kohli’s revenge mission.”
Don’t Rain our Our Parade, Ben : Leicestershire head coach Paul Nixon hopes a clause in Ben Raine’s contract doesn’t his stay
You’re Going to Barbados : Suspended Ste Smith has a new club