Saturday saw the latest Quiz Night at the Club that was well attended with a good spread of ages and representation from the various sections.
Quiz Master Peter Andrew did a tremendous job as always, this year showing a never before seen, (or needed), talent for crowd control with a group of well-oiled 1st XI players carrying on their day after the rugby and other various sporting & social events!
Eight rounds plus a picture-round were pitched at a good level allowing everyone to have a go; a blinding joker round from Alistair McMillan’s table helped Jase, Mr & Mrs Mac, Julie and Ralphie – although the latter was a bit of a TFC – win the night and walk away with a couple of nice bottles.
Thanks to Jo for setting things up and putting in a big food order from Baked & Battered, (sadly a few no-shows meant a few portions went spare!), but the till rang all night; Rod Thomson, Will Gudgeon and others taking their turn at bar duties.
Rightly there were some questions about cricket thrown in, plus a test of local Stoke knowledge. See how many of these you might know:
• Name of the church in Stoke?
• Leading 1st XI wicket taker for Stoke in the League in 2017?
• How many points would you score in Scrabble for “Stoke” ?
• Which Stoke City footballer is often seen boarding an early train at Cobham & Stoke D’Abernon station to head off for training and matches?
• Which county plays the majority of their First Class/List A/T20 matches at New Road?
• In what town do Durham play their First Class/List A/T20 matches?
• What do Alastair Cook and Paul McCartney have in common?
Keep an eye on our Twitter page this week for some of the picture round sheets too!